Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sock Bunny

In celebration of Cooper's first Easter, I knew that I wanted to make something handmade to stick in his Easter basket.  At first I was going to sew him a cute spring chicken stuffed animal, but when I saw this sock bunny tutorial, I knew that he would love (chewing on) it just as much as I would love making it!
It was actually VERY simple.  But it's also VERY homespun and imperfect, so don't look too closely or you will see that the embroidery is elementary, the ears are crooked, and the stripes don't line up.  Stuffing the body took the most time.  I was thankful for a long trip to Canton with my mom behind the wheel, so I could sit and stuff.  I had a great time sewing this little guy for Mr. Coop, and am already in the process of making a couple of little bunnies for Ellie & Blake!
Oh, and here is the console table that I painted last week.  At first I couldn't decide if I liked it, but now I think I do.  I used chalk paint (which was WONDERFUL!) and a brown glaze, and it felt like a good transformation.  The decor on top is in process, so don't pay attention to that!
Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren- you're amazing! That bunny looks adorable and very shabby chic :) You're going to have to teach me how to do all this stuff sooN!

    ReplyDelete