Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Brisket Tacos

Brisket tacos have quickly become an Allen family favorite.  Perhaps it is Todd's Memphis roots calling out for pork.  Maybe it's my intense desire to find a slow cooker recipe that actually tastes as good as it sounds.  At any rate, I would have to say that we are quite fond of brisket tacos in this household.

We ate these last night and boy were they good!  In fact, I've got another round marinating in the crock pot now, getting ready to go to the Knighton's house for dinner- and Binkley's, if you are reading this, you can expect them next week!
I'm really not trying to toot my own horn or anything (toot toot!), because all I did was follow a recipe.  A recipe that goes like this...

Brisket Tacos
1 bone-in-pork roast
1 jar HEB green tomatillo salsa
Salt, Pepper, Cumin to taste

Put all ingredients in the crock pot on low all day or on high for 4-5 hours.
Take out meat and shred with a fork.  You will not believe how juicy and tender it is!
Serve rolled up in a tortilla (I used whole wheat), with guacamole, and Monterrey Jack

Now how's that easy peasy dinner!

2 comments:

  1. Take it from me - It's a winner

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were SO yummy! We ate and ate until there was no more! Thanks for making our tummies happy! :)

    ReplyDelete