Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Arkansas

A couple of weeks ago we took a fun vacation with Todd's family to Mt. Ida, Arkansas.  We stayed in a very cute and very rustic cabin in the woods and really had a great time!  It was Cooper's longest road trip to date (7 hours) and he did amazing!  I mean, look at this kid- who really looks THAT refreshed after a 7 hour road trip?  Cooper.  Maybe it's because I kept him happy with my awesome road trip playlist, or my never ending chorus of songs from summer camp.    
 Nevertheless, I love these boys!
Cooper got all kinds of practice crawling on the hardwood floors.  Before this trip, I think he was scared of hardwood, because at our house, he always would stop crawling as soon as the carpet would end.
We took lots of trips to the creek down the road to stick our toes in the water.  How cute are the Atkinsons?  I am incredibly blessed to have outstanding in-laws.  Kelly is an amazing mom- if you know her, you will have to ask her about how she rescued her entire family (minus Blake) and Ellie's beloved Lambie from their overturned canoe on our canoe adventure!
Cooper wasn't wild about the cold river water, but we did let him try it out.  And let me just say that the Bjorn makes "hikes" much easier!
 Down by the river, there were all of these amazing butterflies!  Ellie pretty much was The Butterfly Whisperer- they would all flock to her like crazy!
And of course, Coop was thrilled to get lots of Cousin Time with Blake!  Look at Blake brushing his teeth.  Such a nugget!  Cooper tried his hardest to keep up with Blake, but Baby B was more interested in climbing the stairs than hanging out with Mr. Coop.
We spent one day in Hot Springs about an hour away.  We ate yummy fish tacos at The Bleu Monkey, and then Todd and I strolled along Bath House Row.  We had to make sure to get a manly looking picture of the guys since I sure did drag them through multiple antique stores!
We were able to celebrate Ellie's Fourth Birthday while we were in Arkansas.  You should have seen this girl just eating up her birthday encouragements!  Such a sweetheart!
 I would say it was a great trip and the perfect start to the beginning of summer!
My pictures are kind of sparse from the trip, but here is what I wish I WOULD HAVE taken photos of...
-The AMAZING meals that everyone helped prepare!
-Watching the fireworks on Memorial Day
-Our canoe adventure- my enormous bruise from sliding down the cave, John retrieving our down river canoe, the Atkinson clan safe and sound in their boat, and all the nice "river folk" along the way
-Fun family game nights 
-And at least ONE good family photo!

I think we will have to make it happen again next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment