Friday, October 7, 2011

Quarantined

Last week the babe was diagnosed with Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease.  Yuck!  I hate writing that!  In my opinion, it actually sounds a lot worse than it actually is.  Maybe Cooper just had a mild case- but that didn't stop him from passing in on to sweet Asher and Clara!
At any rate, we were quarantined for a week.  Thankfully, the pain from the mouth ulcers and blisters on his hands only lasted for about two days.  Poor guy!  So, we spent A LOT of time indoors watching Praise Baby, singing "The Wheels on the Bus," and crafting.  Boy, did we craft!
A little fall wreath for the door.
A ton of birthday decorations.  I seriously need to stop.  It's kind of getting ridiculous.
We took several trips to Home Depot, Lowes, Hobby Lobby, and Target.  Cooper spilled his entire container of Cheerios on Aisle 8 at Home Depot.  Woopsie!
We decorated for fall.  I LOVE fall.  Absolutely my favorite season.  A cold front came through this week, so now the high temps are around the mid 80s.  Thanks Lord!
During one naptime, I painted an end table with Chalk Paint.  
I painted a chalkboard.
I made a table runner.
We played outside in the yard.
He loves to pull the grass out!  Maybe next year we can teach him how to pull the WEEDS, not the grass!
I made some whole wheat veggie pancakes to trick Cooper into eating vegetables.  I think it worked!
We got some good mail- my Erin Condren planner...
And Coopy's birthday present.  I probably shouldn't have shown it to him, but he clearly was getting stir crazy and needed something new to play with.
The babe took a few naps in my arms.  My favorite, favorite, favorite thing in the world.
And then today, we were cleared to be around other kiddos!  So up to the Chic-fil-a Playplace we went! Justice, Pierce, Corban, Clayton, and Reid, we've missed you!  I am thankful for a productive (but restful) week, and thankful to now have a happy, and healthy little babe!













2 comments:

  1. I love the new look of the blog! And the decoration with the lights and the pumpkin looked really cool. I'm glad the Coopster is on the upslide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the HF&M disease! I feel like I know a million people who just had that! I wondered if EZ got misdiagnosed but he didn't have mouth blisters-they were everywhere else instead! Either way, I'm thankful for healing for all our babies!! :)

    ReplyDelete